Soundless prayers

 


Sighs and tears carry the same weight as spoken prayers.

Did you know God does not require articulate prayers from you❓

Did you know that silent, inaudible, wordless prayers are just as powerful as spoken ones❓

Did you know God has perfect hearing, so perfect enough to even detect your soundless prayers that feels like beating drums next to His ears❓

__

Don't ask me which Bible verse is my favorite; I have a thousands. But by far, when "talked-out" prayer is too much for my lips and being able to articulate is the last ability in my body, and all I can do is sit in a corner in utter quietness before Him, I go to Psalm 139:4 which says, 

♡ "Before a word is on my tongue, you, Lord, know it completely."♡

What a comfort this is to know of a God who has such power not only in creating everything out of nothing, but being able to comprehend fully the raw emotions, raw thoughts, and raw rumblings in our heads before we even spill them into words? What also amazes me is that He lets us know His "mind-reading" ability in the Bible instead of keeping it a secret. God reveals His power of splitting seas, yes, but He also reveals His power of tenderness like a lover to his beloved. 

We are His beloved. Isaiah 43:3-5 says so,


"For I am the Lord your God, 
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; 
I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead. 
Since you are precious and honored in my sight, 
and because I love you, 
I will give people in exchange for you, 
nations in exchange for your life. 
Do not be afraid, for I am with you; 
I will bring your children from the east 
and gather you from the west."

Do you believe it? 

So when in prayer you feel completely lost in finding the words, the phrases, the ideas, understand that they are not a requirement to come before Him. He already knows before you even thought them. Simply knock on His door humbly and await that shaking of the doorknob from the other side, and know in confidence that He has coffee (or tea!) already brewing on the counter. He invites you in, and is willing to either sit with you in full silence sipping the warm drinks, or abandon the drinks on the table to hear your rants of life in full blast mode. God is fine with either. He is not alarmed by either. God does not panic. The Old Testament book of Daniel says, "HEAVEN RULES."

So trust Him today to get you through the sloughs of life, the damp moist marshes of disappointment, the sticky humid winds of emotional numbness. Allow Him to be God, and go to Him daily for strength. 

_____________________________________

"When we go to God by prayer, 

the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, 

and therefore he opposes us all he can." 

~Richard Sibbes

Comments